See Monstercat Silk Showcase 598 here.
352 - Monstercat: Call of the Wild (Shingo Nakamura Takeover) is the 201st episode of the Call of the Wild series. This episode was taken over by Shingo Nakamura to celebrate the release of his Glow LP. This episode contained seventeen tracks, including two Monstercat exclusives, three Uncaged, Instinct and Silk spotlights, and all eleven tracks from the album. The episode is approximately 1 hour, 1 minute and 5 seconds (1:01:05).
|No.||Approx. Time||Track||Artist(s) / Mixer(s)||Featured Artist(s)||Remixer(s)||Special Info|
|3.||00:07:16||Darling Midnight||Shingo Nakamura & Brandon Mignacca||Glow|
|4.||00:10:56||Before You Go||Shingo Nakamura||Glow|
|5.||00:14:36||Tribute, Chapter III||Shingo Nakamura & Stendahl||Glow|
|8.||00:27:03||The Longest Hour||Shingo Nakamura x Vintage & Morelli||Glow|
|11.||00:37:56||White Room||Shingo Nakamura||Glow|
|12.||00:41:14||Moondance||Saxsquatch & Half an Orange||Monstercat Exclusive|
|13.||00:43:43||Valley Of Hope||Vintage & Morelli x Arielle Maren||Silk Spotlight|
|14.||00:48:23||Happy Now||Arlow||Instinct Spotlight|
|15.||00:51:17||Light It Up||Mazare & Saint Agnes||Uncaged Spotlight|
|16.||00:54:51||Saviour||Hoaprox, YUAN & Haneri||Monstercat Exclusive|
|17.||00:56:45||Sleepless||Pixel Terror, Chime & Teminite|
- Commence - This song is the opening of the album. It's a beatless song with a piano melody as the main instrument. I think the song make listeners relaxed with the atmospheric sounds and a sense of anticipation that reminds us of the opening of the album.
- Phenomena - This song was the second single cut from the album. This album took about 5 years to complete and this song is one of the oldest ones on the album. I really like the pads and melody which makes me feels like chill out vibe.
- Darling Midnight - It's my first original song with vocal. I made the track and Brandon added the vocals. I tried to keep my track as simple as possible for utilizing his voice which is both tender and powerful. I think it encourages the listener.
- Before You Go - I tried to incorporate elements of organic house on the song. It was my first time to make a song in this genre, but I think it turned out to be something with an organic feel, such as the arpeggio sound. It was a new challenge for me, but I had a lot of fun for creating this song. I'd like to continue creating organic house songs in the future.
- Tribute, Chapter III - It's a collaboration with my old friend artist "Stendahl". I've been collaborating with him on a series of songs called "Tribute", the first release is in 2014 and the second in 2015. And this time I made a new one for the first time in a long time. As before, I took advantage of his beautiful piano melodies and atmospheric sounds, and added my own sounds to complete the song.
- Summa - This song is one of the older one on the album. I've played it a few times in clubs. It includes a lot of notes, but the sound changes little by little. I hope you will enjoy the gradual small changes. The melody is very simple but feels melancholy, and it's one of my favorite melody on the album.
- Glow - This is the title track of the album. It's a first single cut and release from Monstercat Silk. As the title suggests, I wanted to create a song with a kind of lightness that envelops the listener and a strength that encourages them. There was a remix contest until the other day. I'm really looking forward to the result.
- The Longest Hour - It's a collaboration with Vintage & Morelli. I think it turned out to be a sense of speed with a groovy bass as the main element. I used his characteristic melodies and percussion. I think his fans will notice those elements. He has recently completed an album to be released on Monstercat Silk, so I'm really looking forward to the release.
- Supra - I think this is the most dancefloor-friendly song on the album. I tried to make it fit into the Progressive House genre on Beatport. I hope it will be used by DJs.
- Overt - This song has an organic elements. It's a simple song with a main synthesizer sounds that has a warm analog feel. I think this is a relaxing song to listen to. I really like the build-up from the break to the drop.
- White Room - Last song on the album. It has heavy materials like pads with a laid back beat. It has a gloomy atmosphere that reminds us of the recent difficult situation in the world, but I wanted to create it gives a sense of hope in it.
- Shingo Nakamura (11)
- Vintage & Morelli (2)
- Arielle Maren (1)
- Arlow (1)
- Brandon Mignacca (1)
- Chime (1)
- Half an Orange (1)
- Haneri (1)
- Hoaprox (1)
- Mazare (1)
- Pixel Terror (1)
- Saint Agnes (1)
- Saxsquatch (1)
- Stendahl (1)
- Teminite (1)
- YUAN (1)
|[ v • t • e ] Podcasts|