Monstercat: Call of the Wild is a live-streamed radio show that plays and mixes Monstercat songs. A normal episode lasts approximately one hour, but can reach up to three hours (see episode 300) or be less than an hour (see episode 006 to 010). The podcast/show has a number of different segments that occur during episodes:
- Monstercat Spotlight: a song that had recently been released at the time of the podcast/episode; these are usually songs that have been released after the previous podcast/episode. Today, the spotlight includes Uncaged, Instinct, and Silk songs since the launch of these brands.
- Monstercat Exclusive: a section of a song that would be released in full within a week or so after the podcast/episode.
- Mystery Track / ID Track: a section of a song without a given title and artist. It is usually released between a few weeks to three months.
- Monstercat Throwback / Community Pick: a song released on the label at least a couple years before the podcast/episode. These are voted by fans each week via a Twitch poll during the live airing.
- Monstercat B2B: a song that was not released on the label, but usually produced by an artist who has appeared on the label. This, however, is not a requirement, as some B2Bs have been from non-Monstercat artists.
- Takeover: a section, as low as five songs, or an entire podcast/episode where a Monstercat artist will choose the selection of songs, and often provides commentary.
- EP/LP Takeover / Artist Commentary / Remix Mini Mix: Similar to a takeover, an EP/LP Takeover is simply a full EP/LP mix hosted by an artist that has released the EP/LP around the time of the podcast. A Remix Mini Mix is the same except for a remix album. Episodes titled Artist Commentary have artists commentating on their EP, LP or remix album.
- Album Special / (Compilation Name) Edition: a 2-hour special episode for celebrating release of each Monstercat compilation, containing one or two album mixes and exclusive tracks. It usually has its own title, but some of them just look like normal episodes (see Ep. 060 and 087). The album special episode existed until Uncaged Vol. 4 Special.
Before an official announcement, Monstercat said Dan Scarcelli joined the team as a "podcast manager"  in an AMA, which implied the start of Monstercat Podcast. On March 2014, Monstercat released the teaser to make an announcement that Monstercat Podcast would be launched. On March 20, 2014, the first ever episode of the podcast was released.
The podcast was originally named the Monstercat Podcast. It was aired on Tuesday (on Thursday before Episode 029) and uploaded to SoundCloud and YouTube on Thursday. The show is usually hosted by Dan Scarcelli (Podcast Director); however, between Episode 072 and Episode 181, it was hosted by Angela Way.
At the middle of Uncaged Vol. 1 Special, the switch to the name Call of the Wild was announced. Dan explained that Monstercat decided the name change not to be limited by the word 'podcast' and to be a catalyst in exploring new horizons, new journeys and new stories together.
After Episode 175, Monstercat stopped uploading COTW episodes on YouTube. The episodes are available on other streaming platforms.
On January 17, 2018, the podcast's day of the week was changed from Tuesdays to Wednesdays due to the re-scheduling of weekly Monstercat releases. Also, the show was no longer hosted by Angela Way. Dan explained where Angela went as he said "...she moved on" after fans started questioning what happened to her.
On February 2021, Monstercat Silk Showcase was added on the label due to acquisition of Silk Music, which became the third brand of Monstercat. Because of this, the show now often plays 3 spotlights a week, 1 for Uncaged, 1 for Instinct, and 1 for Silk.
Monstercat Silk Showcase originally started after the airing of Call of the Wild, however after Silk Showcase 600 (which aired for four hours before Call of the Wild's Episode 354), the Silk Showcase was moved to an hour before the airing of Call of the Wild.
Ep. 001 to 113
- The sample "That's a bad kitty!" used in intro is from South Park.
- List of songs used in the intro:
Ep. 114 to Uncaged Vol. 1 Special
- The intro contains new songs with introducing artists and fans.
- Angela Way introduced these episodes.
- List of songs used in the intro:
Ep. 152 to 259
- Because of the name change, the introduction of the podcast was changed.
- The songs are the same as the intro used in Ep. 114 to Uncaged Vol. 1 Special.
Ep. 260 to present
- The songs are changed and Dan is added to help introduce the show.
- List of songs used in the intro:
- Starting with Episode 114, the cover art format changed to a picture of artists with the number below.
- As of Episode 182, the art covers changed to having a blue hue.
- Starting with Episode 200, the logo for Call of the Wild changed to a signature-triangle art.
- As of Episode 260, the artwork for the episodes changed to a blue-toned landscape with shrubs around the border, giving a "wild" feel to the show.
- Album special episode for Monstercat 029 - Havoc does not exist, though all the other compilations from Monstercat 019 - Endeavour to Uncaged Vol. 4 have one.
- As of Episode 287, throwbacks were changed to community picks. Most likely this was decided due to the two-part episodes (284 & 285) including "community picks."
- From Episode 135 to 144, the YouTube videos had a preview before the podcast started, containing some of the tracks from the episodes.
Episodes Which Do Not Have Their Own Page
This is the list of episodes which exist, but don't have pages on the Wiki due to a lack of a tracklist and information.
- Monstercat Podcast - Teaser
- Monstercat Podcast - 019 Endeavour Edition
B2B Tracks Featured on the Podcast
- Episode 170 (September 26, 2017)
- Episode 172 (October 10, 2017)
- Pegboard Nerds & NGHTMRE - Superstar (feat. Krewella) (Spag Heddy Remix)
- Rickyxsan & Hydraulix - Sleep [Never Say Die]
- Slander & Basstrick - Drop It [Awoken]
- Slander & Stoltenhoff - We Out [Never Say Die]
- Zeds Dead & NGHTMRE - Frontlines (feat. GG Magree) [Deadbeats]
- Slander & YOOKiE - After All (feat. Jinzo) [Never Say Die]
- Episode 173 (October 17, 2017)
- Tisoki - New Wave
- Episode 177 (November 22, 2017)
- Gent & Jawns - Mahal [Lowly Palace]
- Episode 178 (November 29, 2017)
- Infected Mushroom - Heavyweight
- Episode 186 (February 14, 2018)
- Episode 189 (March 14, 2018)
- Rootkit - No Games
- Episode 201 (June 6, 2018)
- Mind Vortex - Against The Grain vs. Delta Heavy - Gargantua [RAM]
- Calyx & Teebee - Warpath [RAM]
- Culture Shock - East Block [RAM]
- Wilkinson - Decompression [RAM]
- Delta Heavy - Take The Stairs [RAM]
- Calyx & Teebee - Big Tune Again [RAM]
- Delta Heavy - Oscillator [RAM]
- Delta Heavy - Fun House [RAM]
- Slander & YOOKiE - After All (feat. Jinzo) [Kompany & Wooli Remix VIP] [Never Say Die]
- Delta Heavy - Nobody But You VIP (feat. Jem Cooke) [RAM]
- Delta Heavy - White Flag (Tisoki Remix) [RAM]
- Virtual Riot - Jump The Gun [Disciple]
- Loadstar - One 4 You [RAM]
- Snails & NGHTMRE - Only Want U (feat. Akylla) [Slugz Music]
- LAXX - Fiends [Never Say Die]
- Soltan - Pappu [Never Say Die]
- Delta Heavy - Pathways [RAM]
- Joe Ford - Where Is The Sun [Shogun Audio]
- Delta Heavy - Ghost (Zomboy Remix) [RAM]
- Episode 203 (June 20, 2018)
- Episode 214 (September 5, 2018)
- NGHTMRE & Dillon Francis - Another Dimension (YOOKiE Remix) [Mad Decent]
- QUIX & Matroda - Lambo [Dim Mak]
- Boombox Cartel - Moon Love (feat. Nessly) [Mad Decent]
- Holly & Skope - Plasticity [Night Owl Collective]
- Space Laces & Getter - Choppaz [Never Say Die]
- MEMBA - Xilla! [ANTNNA]
- LAXX - High From It (feat. Belle Humble) [Never Say Die]
- Episode 276 (November 27, 2019)
- Episode 300 (May 27, 2020)
- Fairlane, Syence & Kwesi - Replay [Lowly/Proximity]
- Episode 361 (August 11, 2021)
- Monstercat (November 17, 2013). "We are Monstercat, an indie Electronic record label that recently broke 1 million subscribers. AMA!". Reddit. u/MonstercatMedia. Retrieved August 1, 2021.
- (January 21, 2015). "I found where monstercat got the "that's a bad kitty" sample in the podcast (0:31)". Reddit. Retrieved August 1, 2021.
|[ v • t • e ] Podcasts|