Timeline[edit | edit source]
2017[edit | edit source]
- November 17, 2017: Gent & Jawns released his debut single on Monstercat, The Meaning. The song was featured on Monstercat Uncaged Vol. 4 and on his The Meaning EP.
2018[edit | edit source]
- January 11, 2018: Gent & Jawns released his second Monstercat single, Champion Sound. The song was featured on Monstercat Uncaged Vol. 4 along with The Meaning, and on his The Meaning EP.
- February 23, 2018: Gent & Jawns released his debut EP on Monstercat, The Meaning EP.
- The Meaning and Champion Sound were featured on Monstercat Uncaged Vol. 4, and Reconcile was featured on Monstercat Instinct Vol. 1. Reconcile was the only Monstercat appearance of LIZ. Collecta was self-released by Gent & Jawns much earlier, in 2016, but he decided to re-release the song on the EP.
- July 18, 2018: Gent & Jawns' first remix on Monstercat, of THE DROP by Gammer, was featured on Gammer's THE DROP (The Remixes Pt. 2).
Monstercat uploads[edit | edit source]
- The Meaning
- November 17, 2017
- Champion Sound
- January 11, 2018
- Reconcile (feat. LIZ)
- February 23, 2018
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
- He was the first artist after the Uncaged/Instinct split to release a single on both brands.
The following information is taken from this AMA, which was done on February 19, 2018.
- The name Gent & Jawns was a combination of the aliases of the original two members, Billy the Gent and Long Jawns.
- His favorite song to play at concerts is Doctor P - Sweet Shop (Friction vs Camo & Krooked Remix).
- His song Champion Sound on The Meaning EP was based entirely around the sample of a man saying "massive," and he even designed the song's drop so that the sample could remain audible.
- His favorite artist (as of February 2018) is GTA.
- He was inspired to release on Monstercat by his friend Sacha "SachaVibes" Melki, music curator and A&R at Monstercat. Sacha would send Phung playlists of music each week, often containing Monstercat releases, and he decided one day to reach out to them and see if he could release on the label.
- If his music career hadn't been successful, Phung would have most likely been a pharmacist.
Artists featured[edit | edit source]
- LIZ (1)
Artists remixed[edit | edit source]
- Gammer (1)
|[ v • t • e ] Gent & Jawns (Discography)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.