Electro is a common genre on Monstercat. The first electro release was Cold Blood and Ice Cream Cones by Arion appearing on Monstercat 001 - Launch Week. Electro (short for Electro House) is a subgenre of house. It is typified by its heavy bass. This is often in the form of buzzing basslines, such as those created with sawtooth waves and distortion. It is also often in the form of large bass drum sounds in a four-on-the-floor pattern.
The associated color for this genre on Monstercat is yellow. This genre can vary a lot, since there are many different styles of electro. It is important to note for labeling purposes, the following subgenres can be assumed to be under the 'umbrella' of electro:
Common Subgenres: Edit
- 'Big Room - 'Places emphasis on Large Room Reverbing & an emphasis on keeping each element of the track as loud as possible without peaking.
- Chiptune - introduces 8-bit sound and programmable sound generator sound chips used in vintage computers, consoles, and arcade machines.
- Complextro - Places emphasis on intricate synthwork & basslines
- Dutch House - primarily defined by complex rhythms made from Latin-influenced drum kits, a lower emphasis on basslines and squeaky, high-pitched lead synths. Influences on the subgenre include Detroit techno, hip hop and other urban styles of music.
- Electro Swing - Most songs that fall under this introduce Jazz Theory concepts to create a fluent jazzy mood.
- Fidget House - Fidget house, or fidget, is "defined by snatched vocal snippets, pitch-bent dirty basslines and rave-style synth stabs over glitchy 4/4 beats." It contains influences from Chicago house, Baltimore club, Kuduro and hip hop."  Featured are also prominent shuffling rhythms with off-beat cymbals or other percussion
- Melbourne Bounce - Usually described by a 4/4 beat pattern & deep Melbourne Minimal bass hits between each kick inducing a repeated fall & rise effect. May feature high-pitched, pitch-bent electro synths or horns.
- Midtempo Electro